- This event has passed.
Education Week 2022: Bring it. Book it. Blossom it. Advanced Program (Sold Out)
Due to the in-place COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, Limited space is available.
Registration deadline: Monday, February 28th, 2022
Floral Experience: 1 Year/Completion of Level 1 Course
- $960 + tax includes all mechanics supplies and fresh flowers for hands-on portion. Please bring an apron(optional), sharp floral knife, floral shears, scissors, and wire cutter.
- Coffee, snacks, and hot lunch included
An in-depth exploration of Julie Myers’ floral philosophy, design, and execution. The course covers topics such as Julie’s approach to conceptualizing and translating your client’s vision, selling the vision, booking it, and execution.
- How to Attract and Book Brides and Corporate Clients
- Charging for your Time and Labor
- Improving your Pricing Structure and Selecting a P.O.S. System
- Designing Florals for a Wedding, from Start to Finish
- Building Large-Scale Arrangements and Installations
- Conceptualizing and translating your client’s vision from the Pinterest ideas to reality
- Delivering quotes and visual proposals clients love
- How to order, process, design, and deliver gorgeous florals
- Bouquet designs, styles, and how to show your brides different options (pictures just don’t do it!)
- Designing your event based on your quote developed during Day 1
- Two corsages and two boutonnieres
- Group projects:
- ceremony flowers, décor, and set-up
- tablescape design and setup
- Wedding photoshoot for your portfolio using designs created during course
Instructor: Julie Myers
Throughout Julie’s life, she has been a creative person and fell in love with the beauty of flowers playing in her mother’s garden. At a young age, she knew floral design was her destiny. Opening her shop at twenty-one years old, her passion for flowers became an obsession. Over the last seventeen years of owning Floral Fixx Design Studio, Julie quickly found out the art of floral design is only part of specializing in the wedding industry. She has studied customer service, staff management, social media training, and many new design trends. To successfully execute over 300 weddings and events in a year, it takes organization, training, and talented staff that believe in the vision.
Taxes will be added to the cost. Registration fees include all fresh flowers for hands-on portion. Registration fees do not include flights or accommodations. Hotel group rates are available under “Florists Supply”.
“I learned both floral design and business skills, theory, and mechanics with Florists Supply that I now reference in all of my designs and day-to-day. Hearing personal hacks and tips from experienced designers are always amazingly helpful.”