- This event has passed.
Education Week 2022: Fundamentals of Floral Design (Sold Out)
Due to the in-place COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, Limited space is available.
Registration deadline: Monday, February 28th, 2022
Floral Experience: No previous experience required
- $1,000 + tax includes all mechanics supplies and fresh flowers for hands-on portion. Please bring an apron(optional), sharp floral knife, floral shears, scissors, and wire cutter.
- Coffee, snacks, and hot lunch included
- Flowers and Foliage Care and Handling 101
- Retail Shop Procedures: Mark-up and Pricing
- How to Run a Profitable Floral Business
- Guided Hands-On Design: Basic Floral Design Techniques
Basic vase design methods and construction techniques:
- Rose vase arrangement – 6 and 12 stems
- Mixed flower vase arrangements
Spiral handtied technique:
- Construction of handtied mixed flower bouquet
- Green a vase for a mixed flower arrangement
- Vase arrangement using a spiral handtied bouquet
- One-sided, small triangle arrangement in floral foam
- One-sided, large triangle arrangement in floral foam (sympathy/funeral arrangement)
- Asymmetrical triangle arrangement in floral foam (centrepiece
- Traditional wiring and taping technique for corsage and boutonniere
- All-around centrepiece arrangement in floral foam
- Round bridal bouquet in a fresh floral foam holder
Instructor: Lea Romanowski, CAFA, AIFD, CAFD
Lea is the owner of Designing on the Edge. She has used her experience and expertise to become a mentor, teaching floral/event/wedding design for the last fifteen years. Her work has been featured in Canadian Florist, Floriology, Canadian Special Events, WED LUX, Metro and Avenue. She is a National and International award winning designer and creative event professional. After over three decades in floral design, Lea lives in a world where imagination meets art in fantastic floral and sculptural creations. With thousands of events and weddings under her belt, the next opportunity to create is always a welcomed challenge. She believes all good designers start with a great foundation of the principles and elements of floral design. Understanding shop operation, time management and profitability are just as important as the design foundation.
Learn more about Lea: designingontheedge.ca
Taxes will be added to the cost. Registration fees include all fresh flowers for hands-on portion. Registration fees do not include flights or accommodations. Hotel group rates are available under “Florists Supply”.
“I learned both floral design and business skills, theory, and mechanics with Florists Supply that I now reference in all of my designs and day-to-day. Hearing personal hacks and tips from experienced designers are always amazingly helpful.”