- This event has passed.
Education Week 2023: Intermediate Floral Design
Registration deadline: Tuesday, February 28th, 2023
Floral Experience: 1 Year/Completion of Level 1 Course
- $849 + tax includes all mechanics supplies and fresh flowers for hands-on portion. Please bring an apron(optional), sharp floral knife, floral shears, scissors, and wire cutter.
- Coffee, snacks, and hot lunch included
• Flowers and Foliage Care and Handling: An In-depth Look
• Retail Shop Best Practices
• Time Management and Pricing for Profit
• Guided Hands-On Design: Expanded Floral Design Techniques and Mechanics
- Cascade bridal bouquet in a floral foam holder
- Body flower methods: contemporary gluing techniques for a wristlet corsage
- European handtied bouquet including armature technique, and review of the spiral handtied bouquet method
- Contemporary all-around arrangement of tropical flowers in floral foam
- Introduction to Floral Tributes – Standing, Easel Spray
- Designer’s Choice arrangement as a review of Principles of Elements, methods, techniques and applications of floral design
Instructor: Lea Romanowski, CAFA, AIFD, CAFD
Lea is the owner of Designing on the Edge. She has used her experience and expertise to become a mentor, teaching floral/event/wedding design for the last fifteen years. Her work has been featured in Canadian Florist, Floriology, Canadian Special Events, WED LUX, Metro and Avenue. She is a National and International award winning designer and creative event professional. After over three decades in floral design, Lea lives in a world where imagination meets art in fantastic floral and sculptural creations. With thousands of events and weddings under her belt, the next opportunity to create is always a welcomed challenge. She believes all good designers start with a great foundation of the principles and elements of floral design. Understanding shop operation, time management and profitability are just as important as the design foundation.
Learn more about Lea: designingontheedge.ca
Taxes will be added to the cost. Registration fees include all fresh flowers for hands-on portion. Registration fees do not include flights or accommodations. Hotel group rates are available under “Florists Supply”. COVID-19 guidelines may be in place if legislated by the Government of Canada and/or Province of Alberta.
“I learned both floral design and business skills, theory, and mechanics with Florists Supply that I now reference in all of my designs and day-to-day. Hearing personal hacks and tips from experienced designers are always amazingly helpful.”