- This event has passed.
Bloom Basics: A Floral Design Workshop in Winnipeg
Saturday, September 16 to Sunday, September 17, 2023
Florists Supply Winnipeg (35 Airport Rd, Winnipeg, MB R3H 0V5)
Registration deadline: Monday, August 21, 2023
Floral Experience: No previous experience required
Limited space available.
- $699 + tax includes all mechanics supplies and fresh flowers for hands-on portion. Please bring an apron(optional), sharp floral knife, floral shears, scissors, and wire cutter.
- Coffee, snacks, and hot lunch included.
- Includes FREE registration for: Beyond Bouquets: Excelling in the Business of Flowers in Winnipeg
Join us for a comprehensive and hands-on two day floral design course led by the esteemed Lea Romanowski, CAFA, AIFD, CAFD. This workshop is a condensed version of our popular Education Week Fundamentals of Floral Design Course.
In this course, you’ll learn everything you need to know about:
- Design and Colour Theory Basics
- Flowers and Foliage Care and Handling 101
- Guided hands-on design sessions, where you’ll learn basic floral design techniques and create stunning arrangements to take home
Whether you’re an aspiring florist, a seasoned pro looking to refresh your skills, or simply a flower lover looking to try your hand at floral design, this course is the perfect opportunity to learn from the best and take your skills to the next level.
Basic vase design methods and construction techniques including:
- Arrange a 6 and 12 stem rose vase
- Design a mixed flower vase arrangement including how to properly add greens
- Construct a handtied mixed flower bouquet
- Craft a vase arrangement using a spiral handtied bouquet
- Design one-sided, small and large triangle arrangements (sympathy/funeral arrangement)
- Create an asymmetrical triangle arrangement (centrepiece)
- Learn traditional wiring and taping technique for corsage and boutonniere
- Arrange an all-around centrepiece arrangement
Instructor: Lea Romanowski, CAFA, AIFD, CAFD
Lea is the owner of Designing on the Edge. She has used her experience and expertise to become a mentor, teaching floral/event/wedding design for the last fifteen years. Her work has been featured in Canadian Florist, Floriology, Canadian Special Events, WED LUX, Metro and Avenue. She is a National and International award winning designer and creative event professional. After over three decades in floral design, Lea lives in a world where imagination meets art in fantastic floral and sculptural creations. With thousands of events and weddings under her belt, the next opportunity to create is always a welcomed challenge. She believes all good designers start with a great foundation of the principles and elements of floral design. Understanding shop operation, time management and profitability are just as important as the design foundation.
Learn more about Lea: designingontheedge.ca
Please click the “Register” button below to sign-up.
“I learned both floral design and business skills, theory, and mechanics with Florists Supply that I now reference in all of my designs and day-to-day. Hearing personal hacks and tips from experienced designers are always amazingly helpful.”